22 December 2009

Pimp My Novel says...

There's a great (guest) post over at Pimp My Novel today.  Definitely worth a read.  I'll wait while you go check it out.

No, really.  Go read it.

This is a bit of advice I've gotten many times before.  Whenever I read it, I take it in appreciatively, remember it when I sit down with a "new" story idea, and don't fully get it.

Until my coffee house book, that is.

Now that I've really figured out how I want to write my coffee house book, I'm really excited about it!  When I'm not working on it, I'm thinking about it.  When I'm not thinking about it, I'm talking about it.  I haven't been this excited about a project in a long time, and it's even led me to my next project which I'm equally excited about.  I think this is what Lydia Sharp is getting at in her advice.

We write because it's fun!  It's a way to be creative and share stories and all that.  But if you're not true to yourself in your projects, it won't be fun.  Don't worry so much about the getting published part of writing and focus on the creating worlds and sharing stories fun part of writing.

So don't just scribble.  Enjoy scribbling!

Happy scribbling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...