31 July 2008

Bavarian Mint Mix

Usually I'm in a hurry in the morning so when I pour myself a cup of coffee, I usually just put a little honey in it to sweeten it and get to my office. I love the taste of coffee, so it doesn't bother me to taste the actual coffee flavor. There are times, though, when I need a little something extra, so I take the time to flavor my coffee. A cinnamon stick and a little vanilla milk or a teaspoon or two of peppermint extract go a long way for me. I found this interesting recipe for a flavored coffee mix I'd like to share.
-----
2/3 cup instant coffee
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup non-dairy creamer
1 teaspoon dried mint leaves

Mix the ingredients in a container that can be kept sealed. Add a teaspoon or two of the mix to your regular cup of coffee and enjoy!

NOTE: You can use chocolate flavored non-dairy creamer to make the mix more of a mint meltaway flavor.

1 comment:

Add a little caffeine to my life...