- Brainstorm time! Jot down any activities, jobs, classes, or volunteer stints you've enjoyed to date, even if you were seven at the time. [This didn't take very long since I already know what I want to do!]
- Scrutinize your lifestyle. What expenses and vices can you jettison? Vow to ditch at least one today. [This, too, didn't take very long. When you're on a budget already there's not much to "jettison."]
- If you're prone to bouncing checks and racking up late-payment fees, get a grip. [Nope--we're careful about our finances.]
- If your credit card debt is out of control, consider consolidating through an organization like Consumer Credit Counseling Service (CCCS). [See above note.]
- Think about whether you'll need to move to another city or state to pursue your dream gig (or to cut down on living expenses). [Thankfully, we live in a great city with lots of opportunities for me, and we don't need to move!]
I already have a rough timeline in mind, but I'd like to get a firmer grasp on it. Ideally, I'll get a calendar and map out my own action plan for becoming a full time freelance writer.
Lots to do this month!