16 March 2014

Fluff and Stuff

From MTTSM, who is a brilliant, funny, and touching blogger. Please, please read her blog!

What is the last thing you watched on TV? I don't actually have a TV, so my screen time is on the computer right now. The last thing I watched was Doctor Who with Yvaine.


When did you last step outside? What were you doing? I walked across the apartment complex to get the mail less than an hour ago. It was beautiful outside.

What is on the walls of the room you are in? There are a couple of notes taped next to my desk, and a beautiful picture of a construction paper vase with hand-drawn flowers from Puck, who said he drew it just for me. I plan to get a frame for it.

If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy? After I was smart and paid off debt, I would buy a new car and a house.

Tell me something about you that most people don’t know.
 I love the ocean, but I get nervous around water.

Who made the last incoming call on your phone? My mom. She butt-dialed me.
What was the last book you read? It was another reread of The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I read it somewhat frequently and take something away from it each time. I also just started Quiet by Susan Cain.

If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do? 
Well, I'm in an apartment, so there's not much I can think that I would do, really. I suppose I would make the kitchen a little bigger so I could have a bigger sink.
What was the last thing you bought? Florida wildflower honey at the farmers' market. I know, right?

If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be? I think I would choose Jasper Fforde. He's my favorite author, and I would love to talk to him about creating worlds.

Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
 Barnes and Noble, of course. Or Soul-Flower.

Is the glass half empty or half full? Neither--it's ready for a refill.
Name something that took you by surprise. Getting tackled by Yvaine this weekend.
Name one TV show you will watch every time it's on. There are a few: Criminal Minds, Law & Order, and Law & Order: SVU.
Name a movie you will watch no matter how many times you've seen it. There are a few of these, too. The Princess Bride, Stranger Than Fiction (even though I'm not really a fan of Will Ferrell's work), and Monsters, Inc.
What's your favorite musical? I'm always up for musicals, but I don't think I really have a favorite. When it comes to favorites, I gravitate more toward plays than musicals (Wit, Proof, The Laramie Project...).
What’s the farthest-away place you’ve been? Germany.

What’s under your bed? 
An empty overnight bag and an empty file box. I don't like having things under my bed.

What is your favorite time of the day? When I get up early before the kids to work. It's quiet and peaceful, and the whole day is ahead of me. It's full of promise.

What Inspires You? People who fight for what they believe/want, especially when they're making positive changes in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...