23 February 2010

10 on Tuesday: things I've learned about myself through morning pages

Part of the process of The Artist's Way is "morning pages."  That means that every morning, before I do anything else, I write three pages of stream-of-consciousness writing longhand.

At first, I just did the pages without really thinking about the content.  Now, though, I'm seeing the real purpose of them.  If I let go and really write, my heart takes over, and I learn things about myself.  Problems are solved, true worries surface, and my creative self makes herself known.

Here are some things that have been revealed to me through the morning pages (in no particular order).

  1. I'm worried about my heart.
  2. Great things happen when you trust your creativity and God (or creative flow or whatever you believe in that feeds your creativity).
  3. I'm excited about the changes I'm making in my life. (Details to come on my personal blog.)
  4. I love staying home with Bean!
  5. I'm happier now than I was before I started this process.
  6. I need a vacation.
  7. I don't take care of myself as well as I should.
  8. I have champions in people I didn't expect, as well as creative "enemies" in people I didn't expect.
  9. My handwriting gets messy when I'm trying to keep up with my brain.
  10. I've felt very out of control for a long time, but it's getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...