16 February 2010

10 on Tuesday: songs I sing to Bean

(in no particular order)

  1. Rock-a-bye, Baby*
  2. The Garden (a hymn my grandmother sang to me)
  3. It's Time to Go to Sleep (a song I made up for Bean when he was very, very little and couldn't sleep)
  4. Down to the River to Pray (from the O, Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack)
  5. Lullaby (Good Night, my Angel) by Billy Joel
  6. I'll Fly Away (from the O, Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack)
  7. Away in a Manger
  8. The Way I Am by Ingrid Michaelson
  9. Colors by Kira Willey (Yes, that is definitely the song from the old Dell commercial. Big whoop. Wanna fight about it?)
  10. It's Okay, Wyatt (this is another song I made up for Bean; when I sang it, he immediately stopped crying)


---
*I sing a different last line to this song: "But Mama will catch you, cradle and all."

2 comments:

Add a little caffeine to my life...