26 November 2009

Push Through the Pain



This photo symbolizes two things: what I'm thinking when I contemplate donning a cheerleading outfit, and what you're probably feeling right now.  The last days of NaNo are among the hardest.  I know - I've been there.

I've been staring down the barrel of an anemic word count, convinced I won't make the goal, and wanting to do anything rather than put fingers to keyboard and push out another single damned word.  Yes, anything - even don a cheerleader's uniform and shake pom-poms.

But you don't stop now. 

You down an energy drink.  You put your fingers to the keyboard.  You type one word, and then another, and then another.  You push through the pain.

You do it every day, as many hours as you can beg, borrow or steal, until 11:59 pm on November 30th, 2009. 

And you will either hit 50,000, or you will come so close as makes no difference.  The point, ladies and gentlemen, isn't to win, but to play the game.  My heart sister's absolutely right.

The journey is the reward.  So keep walking.  You can do this. You're a writer, darling!

Never give up.  Never surrender!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...