20 November 2009

NaNoWriMo update


You can see to the right where my word count is for NaNo.  I update it regularly, so it's probably accurate.

I'm not where I wanted to be by today, but that's okay.  In addition to working on pieces for clients, I've been busy at my other job.

I'll have this weekend to catch up, as well as the weekend after Thanksgiving.  Since Hubby and I are not traveling for Turkey Day this year, I'm hoping the weekend will be nice and relaxing for us.  And since Gma P7* and Auntie M-- will be here, I'm guessing I'll have Bean-free moments I can use to write.

I'm really enjoying writing this novel, but I also know it's one I'll probably never revise or really work with again.  The story is fun and pretty easy to write, so when I do get a bit of time for NaNo, the words come easily.

To be honest, I'm eager to get back to my coffee house book, as well as brainstorming a few other ideas I've had (although my coffee house book is the priority project beginning December 1).  Once NaNo has passed, I'm going to spend December tweaking my website, working on my new and improved writing goals and schedule, which will be broken down month-to-month as well as week-to-week.  Then, beginning January 1, 2010, I'll be jumping full-force into fiction scribbling (when I'm not playing the role of a Fforde Ffan, that is).

I really think 2010 is going to be an exciting year for the Coffee-Stained Writer!



*For info on my family abbreviations, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...