03 October 2009

Ahem...

It was brought to my attention recently that someone was "borrowing" my post ideas for his/her own blog about writing. After looking at the posts that were linked to me, I realized it was probably true, but the person's posts were different enough that they *could* have been original.

Obviously, I can't control what people post on their own blogs. However, I would ask that anyone who decides to use any of my posts as inspiration for their own, please let your readers know where you got the idea (including a link to my blog). This is what I do if someone else's post inspires me.

Writers share ideas. And that's great. But you wouldn't want someone to steal you idea and pass it off as his/her own, so you certainly shouldn't do it to others. Let's have respect for each other, shall we?

3 comments:

  1. If that was me, you'd tell me right? I'm not good with the whole posting of links and such, but I do credit you with any ideas I borrow or expand on. If we end up writing on the same thing and I haven't credited you with inspiring the idea, you have to remember that I create my posts typically on Saturday for the entire week. If I did something, I totally didn't mean any offense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if any arse-kicking becomes necessary. I do, after all, have the patented Smack-o-Matic 3000 always available. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Add a little caffeine to my life...