10 January 2009

Detail, Exile, and Tequila-Stained Rambling

If you haven't already, I suggest you pop over to En Tequila Es Verdad to check this out.

I always adore Dana's ramblings, and this post was no exception.  Not only in her explanations of the feeling of being "other," but also her comments about the importance of detail in writing.  She says:
The most inconsequential detail can end up having huge dramatic impact, taking the plot in a completely different direction from what you'd considered, or changing the relationship between characters in a subtle but fundamental way. It can keep the story from following much-treaded paths. One detail can change absolutely everything.
If only more writers realized this, m'dear.

2 comments:

  1. More writers would, methinks, except that they likely drowned in the damned details and were never heard from again. Which is how I feel tonight. ;-)

    Nevertheless, I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've felt drowned in details before.... have you found your way out yet?

    ReplyDelete

Add a little caffeine to my life...