04 January 2009

2009, on Its First Day

Welcome to 2009!  I hope you accomplished all you wanted to during 2008, and I hope you're starting 2009 with a fresh perspective, a good attitude, and a smile.  There's lots that can be accomplished this year, and today is the first day to do that.

I'm looking forward to an exciting, eventful year, as well!  I have a lot going on this year, both professionally and personally, and while I'm not fully sure what to expect, I know 2009 will be a good year.

I've been thinking a lot lately about my professional resolutions.  There's a lot I want to accomplish this year, and between my business plan and my professional resolutions, I think I'll be able to meet my goals.

In no particular order, here are some of my New Year's Resolutions.
  • Read (at least) two books each month, and keep a better record of what I've read.
  • Write (at least) 7500 productive words a month (may be supplemented with editing).  At least half of written words each month must be fiction.
  • Do a better job of staying "in the know" when it comes to the publishing industry.
  • Follow my 2009 business plan to strengthen CSW.
  • Experiment with a different genre/writing style each month (calendar forthcoming).

1 comment:

Add a little caffeine to my life...