16 November 2008

Write or Die!

So I've been receiving updates in my inbox for the Orlando regional forum on the NaNoWriMo site.  Earlier today I got a nice little message about an application to encourage distractable writers to keep writing.

I know lots of writers are distractable.  I find myself jumping to Blogger when I should be scribbling, and I know I'm not the only one.  But I just may try this application if I feel like I can't stay on track.

Here's how it works.  You set your word count goal and your time goal, then select a mode.  A text box opens that tracks your time and word count.  In gentle mode, if you stop writing, a little pop up comes up to remind you that you haven't met your word count goal.  In normal mode, an annoying song plays.  In kamikaze mode you get a little more incentive to keep writing.  Your text starts deleting itself, word by word, until it's gone, or until you start writing again.  I don't know about you, but that would encourage me to keep writing!

Here's the YouTube video demonstration of the application:



Pretty cool, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...