10 November 2008

What's Important to You?

This is a little exercise from Dana over at En Tequila Es Verdad.  She may not have intended it to be a meme, but who would I be if I didn't make it one, eh, Dana?  (Bwahahahaha!)  So you know how these things work.  Copy the text, link the original post (Dana, not me), and substitute your own list of ten items.  Post it, let us know, and see what happens.

If you and I sat down and made lists of things that are important to us, there would be a lot of duplicate items. Why don't we try an exercise? Take a pen and paper right now, and list out ten things that are important to you. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Ready? Here's mine, in no particular order of importance:

  1. My husband
  2. My spiritual path/Nature
  3. Writing
  4. Family (which includes my fur babies)
  5. Friends
  6. Learning and sharing what I've learned with others
  7. Seeking equality
  8. Breaking down stereotypes
  9. Trying new things
  10. Coffee

How many things do we have in common? Probably quite a few. If we got into specifics, we'd probably notice quite a few differences in the details, some of them superficial, some of them more serious. But there's enough there to work with, isn't there?
I won't tag anyone for this, as those I tag may just kill me, but I invite you to make your own list and post it on your own blog.  If you do, please let me know, as well as letting Dana know.

I think we could get some very interesting conversations going with these lists, and that's what Dana wants, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...