30 March 2009

As if Screnzy isn't enough....

I've been talking a lot about Screnzy lately.  I'm excited about participating again, and since I've been preparing for it, it's been dominating my free time.  However, there is another event in April that's definitely worth mentioning.


According to poets.org

National Poetry Month is a month-long, national celebration of poetry established by the Academy of American Poets. The concept is to widen the attention of individuals and the media—to the art of poetry, to living poets, to our complex poetic heritage, and to poetry books and journals of wide aesthetic range and concern. We hope to increase the visibility and availability of poetry in popular culture while acknowledging and celebrating poetry’s ability to sustain itself in the many places where it is practiced and appreciated.


I've already signed up to receive a poem each day to my email inbox, and on April 30th, I'll be celebrating Poem In Your Pocket Day.  In addition, I'll be celebrating the month here on this blog by posting poems (even some original ones!), information about some poets I admire, and even a bit of information here and there about writing poetry.

To further encourage the celebration of NPM, I would be happy to share some of your favorite poems here, or link to NPM posts on your blog or website.

If you'd like to share a poem, you can email me with the poem, poet, and source, and a few sentences about why you're sharing the poem.  You can send me a link to your NPM posts on your own blog or site and I'll promote them, as well.  If you'd like to send an original poem, please include a few sentences about yourself to serve as a brief bio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...