31 August 2014

Renew Your Spirit Sunday with Family

Puck and Tink fishing for "stick fish."
Bo, the munchkins, and I have had some wonderful family time this weekend. In fact, I didn't work at all yesterday and we visited some relatives for an all-day party/barbecue/excuse to eat junk food. It was wonderful. Then today, the munchkins went with Bo and me to drive around a couple of neighborhoods with Mimi and Papa G* in anticipation of the purchase of our "big house," which will be here before we know it.

This weekend, along with some things that have been happening in my personal life lately, have gotten me thinking a lot about the concept of family, particularly as it relates to my life and the munchkins' lives.

We're really lucky to have so many wonderful people in our lives that we call family, most of whom are not related by blood. Bo's family has acquired us because of Bo, and they have all welcomed us (including the munchkins) as though we were born into the family. We are family, and that's the end of the conversation, as far as they're concerned.

This has been wonderful for me, especially since I'm so far away from my own (blood) relatives. I fel so much less alone than I ever have, and I know that I have a strong, loving support system nearby should I need them.

Not only do I love them and they love me (and the munchkins), but I'm told we fit together nicely. They're my tribe.

Everyone needs a tribe.

It makes me all the more eager for our Thanksgiving trip.






-----
*Mimi and Papa G is what the munchkins call Bo's parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...