06 February 2012

She inches toward her goal, page by page

Despite not having any book reviews to share from January, I have been reading (slowly) for the 100+ Books in a Year Reading Challenge 2012.

January has been a chaotic month for my personal life (and writing life, actually), but the reading is definitely going to be picking up as the year progresses. In fact, I have a new client that is requiring me to read fiction as part of the project. (I know, right?)

I am currently reading Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison. I should be finished with it today or tomorrow, and will write a reflection/review of it this week. When it's finished, I'm going to read Sula, also by Toni Morrison. I didn't intend to read two books by the same author back-to-back, but after my sister read Sula for an African-American lit. class, she strongly recommended it. I started it, but had to set it aside in favor of Song of Solomon for my new client. When I'm finished with Sula, I may jump into The Jeeves Omnibus by P. G. Wodehouse. I've had it on my Nook for quite some time, and it's begging to be read.

Though I've had a slow start to this challenge, I'm confident that I can succeed. I love reading, and with all the other changes going on in my life this year, I'm up for the challenge of more than two books a week for the rest of the year. From Morrison to Wodehouse to whoever else graces my nightstand, I will spend as much of the year reading as I possibly can.

What are you reading these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...