06 October 2014

Thinking about work....

Fall is always a busy time for me for work. This fall is no exception. I do a lot of academic writing, so during the school year, I have more work on my project sheets.

It's a good problem, especially for an independent content journalist.

And the best news is that there are the beginning of plans in the works that will make things even better (and busier in some ways), which I'm really, really excited about.

I can't give many details yet, partly because there's a lot that hasn't been decided and worked out. However, I can tell you that means narrowing my target market, changing my career focus slightly, and moving to the next level in this crazy adventure of self-employment. This change will allow me to continue to do all the things I love about my job, and add another aspect that will be beneficial to my clients as well as to myself.

Over the next few months I'll be working on my 2015 business plan, defining my new target market, and getting ready for this transition. I'm excited about what this will mean for my career in the coming years (and long-term). I've worked hard to get where I am, so I'm ready for the benefits of what's next.

Of course, from a business/financial perspective, this change will allow me to better provide for my family and our future since this shift will help me focus more on the value my services bring to the client in a way that my competitors don't.

The transition will consist of baby steps between now and next summer, at which time I'll officially launch the change.

I'm excited about what's coming.

2015 is going to be a damn good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...