05 February 2014

Making time to read for fun

Though life and writing has been pretty busy lately, I've been trying to make time to read for fun lately. I don't read enough.

I've decided not to commit to a reading challenge this year because making any time to read is challenge enough for me. Instead, I'm just going to keep setting time aside to read things that interest me.

I'm in the middle of three books right now (two of them recommended by my dear friend Dana). I manage a few pages here and there, but kids and work takes precedence. So I'm trying to carve time out of other areas to specifically set aside for reading.

I know that devoting more time to reading will be good for me. It will help me slow down a little and take time away from work and enjoy quiet moments. It seems there haven't been enough quiet moments lately, so I'll take them where I can get them.

Have you been making time to read lately? What's on your nightstand?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...