10 May 2012

What I've been working on lately

I've been kind of busy lately. I've been purposely trying to keep myself busy since the kids are visiting Monty, but even if they'd been here the past couple of weeks, I'd be busy. I've got a lot going on these days. It's good, but it also means that I haven't been posting as regularly as I would have liked.

Freelancing is going well. I have a couple of projects I'm really enjoying right now, which is good, since they're taking quite a bit of time and energy. Periods like this remind me of why I love my job as a freelance writer, and show me that I can and do make a living at it. If you're thinking of venturing out into the freelance world, do try it, but do your research first. Things have changed a lot since I started four years ago.

I've also been taking some time to work on my grant application, which means I'm taking time to work on the coffee house book. The more I work with the coffee house book, the more excited I am about the project. I got to talk to one of my brothers about it yesterday, and telling him about the overall project, as well as the individual aspects of it. He said he thought it was a cool idea (which he's kind of obligated to say since he's my brother and everything). Laying it all out like that reminded me of why I want to do this project, and why I'm willing to spend so much time making sure I do it right. I'm not going to compromise the idea to get it done faster. The idea, as I have it, is what it needs to be. And it may take a long time to finish the collection, but it will be worth it. For now I may have to work on snippets here and there, but if I'm awarded this grant, I'll have more time and flexibility to devote the time to the project, specifically the coffee house book, that I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...