14 August 2011

A shiny new idea


I wasn't going to participate in NaNoWriMo this year. I didn't last year because we moved to a new place in November and my son had minor surgery. I missed scribbling furiously every day in November last year, but didn't think I'd participate this year, either.

Well, that changed this past week when I was struck with a shiny new idea for a story.

I'm not going to go into detail about the idea right now. It's really only the kernel of an idea at the moment and I need to take some time to develop it a bit more before I commit it to the permanence of the Interwebz. However, I will tell you that it deals with the intersection of religion and some aspects of the paranormal.

Are you scribbling for NaNoWriMo this year? What are you doing?

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to participate in NaNoWrimo, but November is a really busy month for me because that's when I'm teaching. I get a lot of writing done during the summer and on weekends instead. I have heard of something similar to NaNoWrimo that happens during July, I think. I'd like to participate in that one next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall be making pom-poms and cheerleading for all you poor souls. Got me Gothic cheerleader outfit almost all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neurotic, ScriptFrenzy is in April every year (screen and stage writing, radio, TV, graphic novels, etc.). It's a lot of fun, too, and put on by the same group.

    Dana, I look forward to photos on the blog! ::grin::

    ReplyDelete

Add a little caffeine to my life...