04 January 2011

On 2011

We're done with the first weekend of 2011 already.

As is often the case, I've been thinking a lot in the past week or so about what this year will bring, what I'd like to accomplish, and where my life is headed.

I didn't make resolutions for this year. I have in the past, but haven't always been so great at keeping them. So what I'm doing this year is setting goals instead. Maybe it's just the terminology that's different, but "goals" are a lot less intimidating to me than "resolutions." Goals I work towards. Resolutions have to be kept.

The biggest writing goal I have in 2011 is to write the coffee house book. 2011 will be the year of the coffee house book.

2011 will be the year of the coffee house book.

I'm much better prepared to write it now, my story, characters, and outline are far more developed, and I'm ready. This story is ready to be told. I'm more excited about the story than I have been in a very long time.

I think it's going to be a good year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...