08 November 2010

NaNoWriMo Pep Talk #2: Lift your fingers, take a breath, and remember to rehydrate.

Welcome to the other side of the first weekend in November, dear WriMos! How did you do?

I managed to write ahead before the weekend, so I spent the weekend getting other things done (our upcoming move and Bean's surgery are causing me to be quite a bit more organized). I'm at 11,883 words at the moment, and hoping that, once I finish my work today, I'll be able to bump it up to 13-14,000. Of course, that all depends on Bean's nap schedule, too.

I do want to remind you that it's really, really okay if you're "behind" at this point. It's still very early in the month, which means there are three more weekends, including Thanksgiving weekend, to write and catch up. There's plenty of time.

By the end of the week, you should be somewhere around 21,000 words to be on target for the 50,000 at the end of the month. But don't worry too much about that. No matter where you are, your word count is higher than it was on October 31st. And that's worth celebrating!

So get yourself a cup of coffee, maybe dig in to that Halloween stash we both know is still hanging around, and just keep writing. You can do it!

And if anyone asks, you're not behind. You're just pacing yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...