05 July 2010

BIC and me

Have you ever heard the term "BIC" in regards to writing? It stands for "butt in chair." I picked it up from Natalie Goodman, author of The Anti 9-to-5 Guide. BIC time means time you're actually sitting at your computer or paper or whatever and writing. Not emailing or tweeting or updating your Facebook page as you wait for your next free episode of Family Feud, but actually writing.



I've had a lot of BIC time lately. I'm much more comfortable in my new job, and I've been spending a great deal of time working. (I should be working now, really.)

I am happy about it. I really like my job, so working is still fun. I look forward to working on the projects, and when I'm not working, I'm thinking about the projects.

One drawback to working so much is I haven't had as much time as I'd like to scribble on the coffee house book, but that will change. I'll admit that part of the reason I'm working so hard right now is because I'm new. Not only do I want to ensure the work I'm doing is of the highest quality, but I also want to show my managing editor that I'll pretty much work my tail off if I need to.

Once I send this current project to review, though, I may take a day or two off before starting the next one. I could use some BIP* time.


*BIP--Butt In Pool




--
Image: healingdream / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...