02 May 2010

The Artist's Way check-in: weeks ten-twelve

I've officially completed The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. Just tonight I finished the last of my tasks, and signed my contract for the next ninety days.

At about week ten I got off track. That's the week Hubby, Bean, and I were visiting my family and I was still waiting to find out about the possible heart problems I was having. So I didn't do the morning pages or any tasks for a couple of weeks. But I used the last week or so to get caught up. I'm glad I did the last three weeks again instead of giving up or setting it aside for longer. It was definitely worth it to me. The last few weeks were particularly beneficial.

I'm optimistic about the next phase of my journey, my artist's way. There are specific things I'd like to accomplish during the next ninety days (and beyond), as well as continuing some things I've picked up during the process from the last three months. I'm excited about what's to come. Of course, I have some reservations about stepping away from the book and on my own way, but I know it's going to be good for me. I've learned a lot. I'm a new person, a new writer.

So here is my check in for the last few weeks. I will be continuing my weekly check-in for the next few months to help keep myself on track.

How many days did you do your morning pages this week? How was the experience for you? I averaged six days a week for the past few weeks. It was wonderful to get back into it. I didn't realize how badly I'd missed the daily writing until I came back to it. It's something I look forward to each day.


Did you do your artist date this week? What did you do? How did it feel?
I did my artist date this week; I met with my friend Kelly (online) to chat about writing, The Artist's Way, life, the universe, and everything. It was fun! We hadn't been able to meet the past couple of weeks, so it was great to catch up with her and talk again.

Did you experience any synchronicity this week? What was it?
I did! I had an appointment, and C--'s wife has gone through a similar situation I'm going through right now. Not only is he giving me good advice about it, but he told me about a great networking opportunity that I think will be very beneficial to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...