13 December 2010

#reverb10 Prompt, Day 13: Action

When it comes to aspirations, it's not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What's your next step?
-----

This is the kind of prompt I've been waiting for. One of the things that drew me to #reverb10 was thinking about next year in terms of my fiction-writing. What do I want to put out there in 2011? How do I want to change the way things are to head the direction I want them to go?

Well, here we go!

For the coffee house, I'm working on the character biographies right now. It's technically under the category of background information for the coffee house, but since I can't write the coffee house book without them, it's also action. But for the sake of this post, let's look ahead a little bit.

Once the character biographies are finished, it'll be time to write the first draft of the coffee house book. My plan is to start writing it in January 2011, and be done with it before Bunny is born. (Since Bunny is due May 4th, I'd like to have the first draft written by April 10th, just in case.) Then I'll take May off from writing as maternity leave, and when I get back to fiction-writing in June or July, I'll be ready to start editing.

I feel good knowing I'm on my way to having this book written (finally), and that I'm taking action to make things happen.

It's all well and good to say I'm writing the coffee house book, but until I actually do it, it's not really true, is it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...