17 August 2010

November approaches....

I know some of us don't really want to think about it yet, but I can't help but notice that November is a few short months away.

And on November 1st, many of us will be undertaking that crazy, fun, scary, big adventure: NaNoWriMo.

I'm afraid I will not be participating in NaNo this year. I've been working a lot, and will be working even more for the rest of the year. Not only that, Hubby and I will be spending November trying to get everything organized in order to move into our new apartment.

However, I will be standing on the sidelines, cheering everyone along. I'll try to post at least one motivational post a week during November, as well as tips between now and then to help ensure your big, scary adventure is as fun and smooth as possible.

But I'm very curious: have you started thinking about NaNo yet? What are you planning to write? How's your preparation going?


3 comments:

  1. So excited for November 1! (And yes, I did stay up till midnight last year so I could get started.)

    My NaNo preparation thus far has been this: 1) narrowing my list of projects down to one (I went with my gut rather than what I thought would eventually sell), 2) writing down copious character sketches, lists, notes, playlists, locations, you name it.

    Last year was my first NaNo, and I was one of those nerds who started planning in the summer. It paid off, so I'm definitely repeating the pattern this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you're already getting ready! Planning ahead can be a lifesaver in NaNo!

    I look forward to hearing more about your planning and preparation as it gets closer to November!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to all who engage in NaNoMadNess. I shall be the blur you see running right straight away.

    ReplyDelete

Add a little caffeine to my life...